Here’s a video of my Goddess Braids Tutorial on my relaxed, transitioning into texlaxed, hair. This is my go-to protective style that I love and adore. It’s a classic style and easy to do (especially if you have the ability to braid). No worries if you don’t know how to—I’ll eventually have a break-down video for that.
The products used are listed as followed:
– Wide-tooth Tail comb
– 2 Butterfly Clips
– 4 Bobby pins (color to match your hair)
– Coconut Oil
– Jamaican Black Castor Oil
– Creme of Nature with Argan Oil Style & Shine Foaming Mousse
– Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream
I hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns!
• My hair was still freshly washed, which is why it may look sort of dry. Please excuse me for that!
• To increase manageability and to ante-up on moisture I added coconut oil to the whole of my head.
• I then sectioned off my hair into the two halves that I want braided.
• For added slip and ease, I applied more coconut oil to the half I was working with then detangled with a wide-tooth comb—starting from the bottom (my ends) and worked my way to the top (my roots).
• Starting with the right side, I began braiding down the back of my head, picking up hair as I gradually worked my way to the tip. Since my hair was still a little tangled and acting stubborn, I took my time and made sure to separate the pieces of hair carefully as they were being picked up. This helps lessen the look of puffy braids and will make taking the braids out when the time does come, much easier.
• Once I was finished with the first braid, I rubbed Creme of Nature with Argan Oil’s Style & Shine Foaming Mousse as well as Cantu’s Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Creme all over my braid.
• I did the same thing for the other side. [coconut oil, detangle, braid, creme of nature mousse, cantu leave-in.
• After both braids are completed—I took one, crossed it behind my head, tucked and pinned it to the adjacent braid. I continued and did the same for the other.
Happy Hair Journey!