Here are my TOP 10 Hair Products for 2015!!?
- Creme of Nature’s Straight from Eden Advanced Oil-Infused Relaxer — As I began embarking on my relaxed to texlax hair journey, I was on a mission of finding a relaxer that I wouldn’t have to worry about diluting with my own oils. Something that got the job done without excessively drying out my hair. I had been previously using ORS’s No-Lye Relaxer system in Normal strength but felt it was straightening my hair more than I had preferred. Luckily at the same time Creme of Nature had just introduced their Straight from Eden Advanced Oil-Infused Relaxer which I was automatically interested in since it claimed it was a 100% plant derived system and made with all natural Coconut, Avocado and Olive Oils. It was hard finding in-stores but once I got my hands on a box and applied it, I fell in love and haven’t looked at another relaxer/texlaxer kit since then!
- Shea Moisture’s Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo — I love this shampoo because it’s gentle but leaves my hair feeling clean after every wash. It contains no sulfates and is also mineral free so it won’t strip the natural oils from your hair while cleansing.
- Eden Body Work’s Coconut Shea All Natural Cleansing CoWash — I actually discovered this co-wash late in 2015 as I came across it at a sale during BeautyConNYC 2015. I didn’t necessarily need it but didn’t want to pass on the amazing deal Eden Body Works was hosting. (Yes I have a problem!) It smells amazing and adds so much slip to my hair that makes detangling a breeze.
- Loreal Paris’ Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Straightening Conditioner + Straight Boosting Pre-Conditioner — My cousin gifted this collection to me a few months ago but I was skeptical to try it on my hair since I noticed the shampoo contained sulfates and non-friendly alcohols. One wash day when I noticed I didn’t have any conditioner left to use, I decided to give these two bad boys a try and MAN was I surprised. My hair was left so buttery soft which surprised me since I had only left it on for approximately 5 minutes. I knew it had definitely worked its magic since I was about 13 weeks posts texlaxer. Around this time my hair is not easy to manage or detangle at all but after discovering these, I don’t seem to have that problem anymore.
- Loreal Paris’ OleoTherapy Deep Recovery Mask— This is another sulfate-free product that not only softens my hair to ease detangling but also makes my hair shiny and lustrous when I blow-dry and flat iron after using. Every time I purchase it, my mother always takes it off my hands and uses most of the container for herself. You know what they say….”Moms always know best!”
- Creme of Nature’s Argan Oil Strength & Shine Leave-In Conditioner — No wash day is a wash day with my favorite liquid leave-in. It acts as a heat protectant and creates a barrier from damage.
- VitaCoco Coconutoil’s Extra Virgin 100% Raw Coconut Oil— For the past couple of years I’ve been religiously only using Coconut Oil from Trader Joes but have noticed its shelf-life wasn’t as great as I wanted it to be. I was no longer fond of the smell of the oil over time and would usually have to discard a full and unused jar. With Vita Coco’s Coconut Oil I never have to worry about the funky scent as it smells like PURE coconut once you open the jar. Even as it solidifies and then returns back to a liquid state, I have never experienced any off smelling batches! I love this stuff for my hair, body and as a makeup remover for hard to wipe off lipstick and eyeliners.
- Sunny Isle’s Jamaican Black Castor Oil — I have come across a lot of people that just don’t like Jamaican Black Castor Oil because they claim it’s “too thick” or just “smells awful”. I, myself, can’t seem to get enough of it! I use SIJBCO’s Castor Oil as a sealant, for my scalp massages as well as thickening my eyebrows when I have a tweezing whoopsie!
- Nature’s Bounty Extra Strength Hair, Skin & Nail pills — When I say hair, here, everywhere I mean hair, here, everywhere! Have you tried a variety of Hair, Skin & Nails pills but have never noticed results? Try these but keep in mind of my “hair, here, everywhere” disclaimer! haha While you’re at the pharmacy picking these up, be sure to purchase a few razors while you’re at it. 😉
- Clairol’s Natural Instincts Semi-Permanent Hair Color in Black-2 — I don’t typically like to dye my hair since I have had horrible experiences in my past but when I do, I usually use a temporary rinse that typically lasts about 2-4 washes. This kit on the other hand lasts about 14 weeks and doesn’t contain any ammonia. It’s meant for darkening your hair color (not lighten) without using too many harsh chemicals that tend to dry hair out which tends to leads to breakage.And that’s it for my Top 10 Hair Products of 2015! If you haven’t already, be sure to check out the Top 10 Beauty Products that made it to my list for 2015!
Thanks for stopping by! Oh, and don’t forget to follow me. =)
– JodyAnnC xo