I was 12 weeks post in this video.
Here are the Steps:
[note] 1 week old blow dried and flat ironed hair | 12 weeks post
• Part hair off into 4-four sections
• Base scalp with Castor Oil
• Saturate hair with Coconut Oil to prevent over processing. The oil will create a barrier and protect your previously relaxed hair.
• Try to distribute the relaxer evenly through each section in a decent amount of time.
• Starting with the back sections, apply the relaxer to your NEW growth only (I’d advise leaving your nape and edges for last)
• Once applied to all sections, I use the last 2 minutes of my processing time to smooth out my roots with my fingers. This relaxer system in particular advises you NOT to use the teeth of your comb to do so.
• I washed out my relaxer in the shower with the hydrating and neutralizing shampoo that came with the box as well as Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo.
• I sat underneath the steamer with L’Oreal’s Oleo Therapy Deep Recovery Mask for approximately 20 minutes
• Rinsed it out with warm water then with cool water to close my hair’s cuticles
• I blotted my hair dry with a towel (I know..I should’ve been using a T-shirt but it was laundry day) but I blotted, never rubbed dry.
• I coated my hair with Creme of Nature’s Leave-In as well as UniqOne’s All in One Treatment.
• I put my hair into a semi-loose pony tail and wrapped my hair with a silk scarf, “bunning-up” my pony to protect my ends as I sleep.
Here are all of the products I used in this video:
– 4 Large Butterfly Clips – http://bit.ly/butterflyclips
– Jamaican Black Castor Oil – http://bit.ly/jamaicanblackcastoroil
– Trader Joe’s Coconut Oil – @ your local Trader Joes
– Creme of Nature Straight from Eden Relaxer Kit | Type B
– Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
– L’Oreal’s Oleo Therapy Deep Recovery Mask
– Creme of Nature’s Argan Oil Strength and Shine Leave-In Conditioner
– UniqOne All in One Hair Treatment
I hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns!
Happy Hair Journey!