A few weeks ago I received an email with an invite to Creme of Nature’s Straight from Eden’s Hello to Healthy event held at AQUA Studios in New York City. I didn’t hesitate to accept since I’m already a huge fan of the Straight from Eden Relaxer kit and wanted to learn more about the line.
I arrived a few minutes early to check-in and switch out of my work clothes and into something more “Yogi” since we were expecting to start the morning off with a yoga session led by Wellness & Lifestyle Guru Latham Thomas, founder of Mama Glow. If I knew it was going to be as semi-intense as it was beforehand, I would have held off on the make-up and blow drying my hair the night before. haha! I didn’t sweat it out completely, but my new growth was definitely trying to showcase itself.
After a light catered breakfast containing of yogurt parfaits, fresh fruit, moist muffins and beverages by LULI Tonix, we sat back on our assigned yoga mats and awaited the introduction of Revlon’s David Jarvis and renowned hair educator and stylist, Pat Grant Williams. Both, who are integral people in the creation and development of the CON SFE hair line.
Here are a few questions that I was bold enough to ask the panel and a few responses to them reworded in my own words:
Q: What’s the difference between the older Kit A & Kit B versus the current Kit: Regular?
A: The formula we can now find in-stores (Regular) is pretty much the combination of the previously sold Kit A and Kit B. The only thing we should be completely aware of is the processing time when using the Regular formula. If you have finer hair and usually relax with Kit A, your processing time will be much shorter than for a head of coarse new growth. Read the instruction manual through-and-through before applying to your hair to prevent any type of over-processing.
My thoughts: I would have loved to have learned the chemical differences between Kit A and B and how it compares now to the Regular. It was a little strange how the change was never introduced or marketed. I sort of figured it out on my own and discussed it among others from the relaxed/texlaxed hair community. We notice these things!
Q: The instruction guide states we shouldn’t use the teeth of a comb to straighten your roots while it’s processing. Why is that?
A: Miss Pat Grant Williams states that while the relaxer is in the hair, you should never attempt to straighten with the teeth of a small tooth comb but with the straight backside of it.
My thoughts: I wish my hairdressers were more aware of this when I was growing up! This could be a reason why I would end up with so many broken strands after relaxer days at the salon. Since I now only texlax my hair, I use just my fingers to smooth out my roots but this is extremely informative for any folks that prefer 100% relaxers and love the bone straight look.
Q: The instruction guide also says that if you have bleached hair you should NOT use this relaxer kit. My bangs are bleached but I love this relaxer system as my texturizer. Should I refrain from using it?
A: Using the Creme of Nature Repairing Oil on the grown-out bleached section of your hair prior to texturizing will help create a barrier and prevent the formula from processing. You should never relax over previously bleached hair and always take precaution when doing so near dyed hair.
My thoughts: Still nerve-wracking but sounds good to me!
The Straight from Eden Natural Oil-Infused Hair Care Line is powered by Coconut, Avocado and Olive Oils. If you aren’t already aware of the benefits of these oils, here’s a small breakdown. =) #hellotohealthy
Coconut Oil benefits:
– Moisturizes dry hair
– Prevents hair breakage and split ends, contributing to retaining hair length
– Adds shine and softness increasing manageability
Avocado Oil benefits:
– Lightweight which makes it easier to be absorbed into the hair and onto the scalp
– Contains nutrients such as: Vitamins A, B, D, E, protein, amino acids, iron, copper, magnesium, and folic acid (which are all beneficial for nourishment and hair growth)
– Great for adding shine and luster
Olive Oil benefits:
– Leaves your hair shiny and soft
– Helps to reduce shedding
– Like Coconut Oil, it contains an antibacterial agent that fights off fungi and bacteria on the scalp
– Increases manageability.
Closing out the event, we were given cute gift bags that included some featured items from the Straight from Eden line, a lime green yoga mat, a flat iron thermal pouch, and a complimentary Aquacycling class at AQUA NYC. I had a great time and thanked the folks over at Creme of Nature and First and Last PR for the invite!
Creme of Nature Straight from Eden items in the bag:
– Creme of Nature Natural Ol-Infused Hydrating Shampoo: Made with natural coconut, avocado and olive oils, is an oil-infused shampoo formulated especially to cleanse, moisturize and detangle for all hair types.
– Creme of Nature Natural Oil-Infused Hydrating Conditioner: A deeply moisturizing conditioner loaded with natural oils, strengthens and helps to repair your hair while preventing damage. Made with natural ingredients — coconut, avocado, ad olive oils — this conditioner will leave you with healthier, stronger hair.
– Creme of Nature Natural Oil-Infused Leave-In Conditioner: a unique two-phase leave-in formula with natural coconut, avocado, and olive oils that detangles, conditions and protects all hair types.
– Creme of Nature Repairing Oil: shines, seals in moisture, controls frizz and smoothes tressed for healthy, beautiful hair. This coconut, avocado, and olive oil-infused blend helps protect against damage from heat styling, The Creme of Nature Repairing Oil can also be used as a hot oil treatment with conditioner.
Have you gotten the chance to try out any of the products from the Creme of Nature Straight from Eden line? If so, what are your favorites? Sound off in the comments below!
Thanks for reading and Happy Hair Journey!
Oh, and don’t forget to follow me. =)
– JodyAnnC xo